Are you tired of smoking the same old boring joints? Do you want to take your toking experience to the next level? Well, you’re in luck my friend, because we’re here to talk about one of the most innovative and buzz-worthy cannabis product types on the market today: infused pre-rolls!
Whether you’re a seasoned stoner or a curious newbie, this article will take you on a puff-puff-passionate journey through the world of infused pre-rolls, so sit back, grab your rolling papers, light up, and get ready to experience the high life like never before.
What is a pre-rolled joint?
If you’ve wondered in the past what is a pre-roll? Let me explain.
Essentially pre-rolls are cannabis cigarettes that are ready to smoke and have been rolled in advance, typically with ground up dried flower. It’s an easy and convenient option that eliminates the need to grind and roll your own cannabis. They come in various sizes, from mini joints to king-size cones. They are available in a wide range of strains and blends to satisfy diverse taste preferences. Both recreational and medical cannabis users often choose pre-rolls as a fast and effortless way to consume their preferred herb.
Below are few good examples of traditional pre-rolls we’ve reviewed:
- Tommy’s Craft Cannabis Grape Galena
- Queen of Bud Blue Topaz
- BLK MKT Upside Down Cake
- The Loud Plug Benny Blunto
- Collins Ave Blunts
- Cali Pink Dimez
What is the difference between pre-rolls and infused pre-rolls?
The main difference between pre-rolls and infused pre-rolls is the latter are joints that have been infused with additional cannabis extracts or oils. In other words, infused pre-rolls contain not only ground flower, but also other extracts that can boost the potency, flavor, and effects of the joint.
The most common types of concentrates used to infuse are wax, shatter, or oil. These concentrates are usually applied to the outside or inside of the joint, or mixed in with the ground flower before rolling. Infused pre-rolls can contain varying levels of THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids, depending on the type and amount of concentrate used.
Below are a few good examples of infused pre-rolls we’ve reviewed:
- General Admission Banana Kush
- Sticky Greens Disti Sticks Rooty B
- Harts Jungle Cake
- Harts Pink Gas
- Redecan Redees+ Cold Creek Kush
Why smoke infused pre-rolls?
There are several reasons why people smoke infused pre-rolls:
- Potency: Infused pre-rolls can be more potent than regular pre-rolls, as they contain not only ground flower, but also concentrated forms of cannabis such as wax, shatter, or oil. This means that users can get a stronger and more long-lasting high from infused pre-rolls.
- Flavor: Infused pre-rolls often have a richer and more complex flavor profile than regular pre-rolls, thanks to the addition of concentrates. The terpenes and other compounds in the concentrates can add a range of flavors and aromas, from fruity and sweet to earthy and spicy.
- Convenience: Like regular pre-rolls, infused are easy and convenient to use, as they don’t require any preparation or equipment. They are a great option for on-the-go cannabis users who want a quick and hassle-free way to consume their favourite herb.
- Medical benefits: Infused pre-rolls can also offer additional medical benefits, as they can contain higher levels of CBD or other cannabinoids that have therapeutic properties. For example, a CBD-infused pre-roll may be a good option for users who want the benefits of CBD without the psychoactive effects of THC such as it’s pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties.
What concentrates are pre-rolls infused with?
Pre-rolls can be infused with a variety of cannabis concentrates with the most popular being:
Wax is a cannabis concentrate that has a sticky and gooey consistency, similar to honey or molasses. It is typically made by extracting cannabinoids and terpenes from the cannabis plant using a solvent, such as butane, propane, or CO2. The resulting concentrate can have a potency level of up to 90% THC, making it one of the most potent forms of cannabis available. Wax gets its name from its texture, which is sticky and pliable like candle wax. There are many different types of wax concentrates, including budder, crumble, and honeycomb, which are differentiated by their texture and consistency.
Shatter is a type of cannabis concentrate that is known for its brittle, glass-like texture. It is made by extracting cannabinoids and terpenes from the cannabis plant using a solvent, such as butane or CO2. The resulting concentrate is then heated and cooled to create a translucent, amber-colored substance that is very high in THC and other cannabinoids. Shatter is typically smoked or vaporized and can have a potency level of up to 80-90% THC, making it one of the most potent forms of cannabis available. Its smooth and potent flavor is often preferred by experienced cannabis users who enjoy the strong effects it produces. To infuse pre-rolls with shatter, the concentrate is usually melted and then applied to the outside of the pre-roll. When smoked, the shatter adds an extra level of potency and flavor to the pre-roll.
Cannabis oil is a highly concentrated liquid form of cannabis that is extracted from the plant using a solvent, such as butane or CO2. The resulting oil is then refined and processed to remove any residual solvents, plant matter, and impurities, leaving a pure, potent cannabis concentrate. It’s commonly used in pre-rolls to enhance flavor and potency. By infusing with oil, users can experience a more intense and flavorful smoking experience. It can also be used to boost the medicinal effects of pre-rolls, making them more effective for treating a variety of health conditions.There are many different types of cannabis oil, each with their own unique properties and effects. Some oils are high in THC, while others are high in CBD or other cannabinoids. Users should be careful when using infused pre-rolls with cannabis oil, as the potency can vary widely depending on the type of oil used.
Kief is a fine, powdery substance that is created from the trichomes of the cannabis plant. These trichomes are the tiny crystal-like hairs that cover the buds of the cannabis plant, and they contain high concentrations of THC and other cannabinoids. When collected, kief can be used to create infused pre-rolls with a much higher potency than normal pre-rolls. This powdery substance can also enhance the flavor of the pre-roll and give it a more robust taste. It is often used by connoisseurs who are looking for a more intense and flavorful smoking experience.
Hash is a concentrate made by compressing the resin glands, or trichomes, from the cannabis plant into a solid brick or ball form. It is typically much higher in THC than the cannabis plant it is extracted from, making it a potent concentrate for infusing pre-rolls. Hash is known for its unique flavor and aroma, which can range from earthy to spicy, and it can add a strong, distinct taste to pre-rolls. Because of its high potency, hash is a popular choice among experienced cannabis consumers who are looking for a more intense and long-lasting high. In addition to its recreational use, hash has also been used for medicinal purposes to treat a variety of ailments.
THC diamonds are the caviar of cannabis concentrates, and they pack a seriously powerful punch. These crystalline formations are often compared to tiny diamonds, and they are made by extracting pure THC-A from the cannabis plant and then allowing it to crystallize over time. Because they are so pure, with potency levels of 90% or higher, they are typically used sparingly in infused pre-rolls to add an extra boost of potency to other concentrates. Typically this is recommended for experienced smokers, so if you’re new to cannabis read this guide about using for the first time. When you smoke a pre-roll infused with THC diamonds, you can expect an intense and long-lasting high that will leave you feeling relaxed and euphoric.
How to make an infused pre-roll
- Choose the concentrate: The first step in making an infused pre-roll is to choose the cannabis concentrate you want to use. This could be wax, shatter, oil, kief, hash, or THC diamonds.
- Prepare the flower: Next, grind up the flower you want to use in your pre-roll. You can use any strain of cannabis you like, but it’s best to choose a strain that complements the flavor and effects of the concentrate you’ve chosen.
- Mix the concentrate with the flower: Now it’s time to mix the concentrate with the flower. If you’re using wax or shatter, you can simply place a small amount on the end of your grinder and mix it in with the flower. If you’re using oil, you’ll need to drizzle it over the ground flower and mix it in thoroughly.
- Roll the joint: Once the flower and concentrate are mixed together, it’s time to roll the joint. Use a rolling paper and form the joint as you normally would, but make sure to evenly distribute the concentrate throughout the pre-roll.
- Cure the pre-roll: After rolling the pre-roll, it’s important to give it some time to cure. This allows the cannabis and concentrate to mix together and ensures that the pre-roll burns evenly.
- Enjoy: Once the pre-roll has cured, it’s ready to be enjoyed! Light it up and savor the enhanced flavor and effects that come with using an infused pre-roll.
Infused pre-rolls are a popular choice for cannabis enthusiasts who want a convenient and potent way to enjoy their favourite concentrates. With a wide variety of options available, including wax, shatter, oil, kief, hash, and THC diamonds, there’s no shortage of ways to enhance your pre-roll experience.
Whether you choose to purchase pre-made infused pre-rolls or make your own at home, it’s important to always start low and go slow, and to choose high-quality products from reputable sources. So go ahead, light up an infused pre-roll, and enjoy the full flavour and effects of your favourite cannabis concentrates in a convenient and easy-to-use format.